Hunter offers tuition waivers for full-time employees
taking courses at the college or any other CUNY College.
To qualify for a tuition waiver, the following criteria
must be met and is based on your employee category:
FOR CLASSIFIED WHITE & BLUE COLLAR, SKILLED
TRADES and MT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
1) Employee must be full time –AND-
2) Complete at least one (1) year of service prior to
the first day of class –AND-
3) Meet the academic requirements of the class
• Undergraduate classes only- no credit limit.
FOR INSTRUCTIONAL STAFF
Must meet criteria 1 through 3 listed for undergraduate
classes. No service requirement for graduate classes.
• Undergraduate classes- no credit limit
• Graduate classes- 6 credits per semester (excludes
FOR GITTLESON TITLES
Must meet criteria 1 and 3. Service requirement is 6
• Undergraduate classes - no credit limit
• Graduate classes- 6 credits only
FOR ADJUNCT TEACHING TITLES
Taught one or more courses in the same department at
the same College for 10 consecutive semesters.
• One class either undergraduate or graduate
The waiver is for tuition only
and does not cover student fees, non-instructional fees
or adult education courses.
For more information on eligibility and the tuition waiver
application process, please contact Human Resources at
DISCOUNTS TO CONTINUING EDUCATION & PUBLIC
PROGRAMS AT THE GRADUATE CENTER, CUNY
The Continuing Education discount policy is as follows:
• Discounts are available on individual courses
with fees of $100 or more, on a space available basis.
• 25% discount for Hunter employees, Hunter students,
and senior citizens (proof must be presented)
• 10% discount for Hunter alumni and CUNY employees
(proof must be presented)
• Discounts do not apply to additional fees for
materials, special equipment or for classes that are
co-sponsored with another organization.
• Discounts must be taken at the time of registration.
To receive a discount, an eligible individual must register
by mail, fax, or in person (discounts cannot be taken
when registering on-line) and present proof.
• Discounts will not be given retroactively
• Discounts may not be combined.
For more details contact The Graduate Center- CUNY at
(212) 817-8215 or visit http://web.gc.cuny.edu/cepp